At Moore: elected to the Board of Managers, 2012.
- Ph.D. Rutgers University (New Brunswick) U.S. History (1974)
- M.A. Rutgers University (New Brunswick History (1969)
- B.A. Rutgers University (Camden) History (1967)
- University Professor of History, Rutgers University
- Recent Positions: Executive Dean, Faculty of Arts and Sciences, Rutgers University, Camden; Interim Chancellor, Rutgers, Camden
- Publications: The Fertility Doctor: John Rock and the Reproductive Revolution, with Wanda Ronner; The Empty Cradle: Infertility in America from Colonial Times to the Present, with Wanda Ronner; Suburban Lives; Anarchist Women, 1870-1920.
- Affiliations: Treasurer and Member of the Executive Committee, American Association for the History of Medicine; Chair, Rutgers Research Council, Rutgers University, Board Member, Campus Philly; Board Member and Treasurer, Planned Parenthood of Sothern New Jersey
- Former Affiliations: CEO Council for Growth, Select Greater Philadelphia; Board of Directors, Urban History Association; Organization of American Historians, Membership Committee
- Honors and Awards: Hall of Distinguished Alumni, Rutgers University; National Endowment for the Humanities, Fellow and Research Grant recipient; Paul W. Eberman Faculty Research Prize, Temple University; History Fellow, American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology