Lynne Horoschak, MEd
Graduate Program Manager, MA in Art Education
- MA, Art Education, Temple University
- BS, Moore College of Art & Design
- Lynne's Art, solo exhibition, Flying Carpet Café, Philadelphia, PA, 2012.
- Four from Moore, Holy Family University Art Gallery, Philadelphia, PA, December 2, 2011 - January 8, 2012.
- Third Street Gallery, 2011
- Am I My Brother's Keeper? Annenberg Center of Lankenau Hospital, 2010
- Juried show, Highwire Gallery, 2010
- Fine Art from Art Educators, Group Exhibition of Moore Art Education Faculty and Students, Stapely at Germantown, Philadelphia, PA, 2010.
- Four from Moore; Octo Studio Subocto Gallery, Philadelphia, 2009
- Surface Tension; The Moore Galleries at The Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts, Feb - May 2008.
- Pennsylvania Art Education Association Juried Exhibition, October 21 - November 16, 2007, Scranton, PA
- Co-authored a White Paper " An Attack on the Tower of Babel: Creating a National Arts / Special Education Resource Center, 2013.
- Will be presenting at the CEC conference on April 6 in San Antonio, 2013.
- Co-Presenting a day-long pre-convention workshop on “Understanding Students with Autism through Art” at the Council for Exceptional Children Conference on April 3 in San Antonio, Texas, 2013
- Will be presenting “Demonstrated Impact of Art on Special Needs Students” at the National Art Education Conference on March 8th in Fort Worth, Texas, 2013
- Presenting an in-service day to art teachers in the D64 District in Park Ridge, IL on February 8 and will be recruiting for Moore at Marwen School in Chicago, IL on February 12, 2013
- Organized PhilaSoup at Moore to take place on February 3, 2013
- Co-authored a white paper with Beverly Levitt Gerber entitled “An Attack on the Tower of Babel: Creating a National Arts/Special Education Resource Center.” It is published on the Kennedy Center web site as of January 31st. 2013
- Presentation called “Explore High and Low Tech Assisted Technology” at the PA Art Education Association Conference in Harrisburg, October of 2012.
- Participated in National Forum of Thought Leaders on the Intersection of Arts Education and Special Education, Washington, DC, 2012.
- Presented at the National Art Education Association Convention, "A Hands-On Preservice Art Education Course Teaches Children with Disabillities," New York City, NY, March 2, 2012.
- Presented "Art in Translation: Teaching Learners of English," Rush Bartol Workshop, Stockton, October 2011
- Presented "Art and Autism," Tyler School of Art, March 2011
- Coordinated an exhibit, Art from Students with Special Needs, in the lobby of the Pennsylvania Department of Education in Harrisburg for the month of April.
- Wrote a column about Moore’s master’s program in art education for the December National Art Education Association newsletter.
- Lecture Presentation, "Teaching Art to Children with Autism," Tyler School of Art, 2009.
- Presented a paper, Visual Arts Learning: A Landscape for 21st Century Learning, at the National Art Education Association's 2009 National Convention, Minneapolis, MN, 2009.
- Juror, K- 12 Women in the Arts Exhibition: PA Department of Education
Awards and Fellowships
- President-elect of Special Needs Art Education (SNAE) issues group of the National Art Education Association, 2011.
- The Kassandara Madison Arts Education Leadership Award at the 2010 Picasso Project Grant Awards, 2010.
- The Outstanding Art Educator in Higher Education from Pa. Art Ed. Association, 2008
- Recipient of The Stockton Rush George Bartol Fellowship
- Semi-Finalist for Celebration of Excellence in Teaching
- Recipient of A Distinguished Alumnae Award from Moore College of Art & Design
- Inducted into the 3E Institute's Educator 500 Program at West Chester University
- Distinguished Alumnae Award, 1999
Read Lynne Horoschak's faculty profile